23 Feb 2014

I decided to get a little rest from a mind-boggling amount of editing tasks, and went to a rare exhibition of the British Council Collection with my son. I had wanted to go to there because everyone who already saw it said that it was so nice and filled with variety of creative works.

It really was amazing. I was knocked out by the uniqueness of each work as well as the way they were displayed. The one I was most seduced was an Anna Barriball's drawing of spotlights with "real spotlights" painted in blue and green. However, I also felt uneasy because I had to keep my son from touching them.

Of course, there were more fascinating works there. Some just made us laugh, the other disrupted our daily thoughts in a good way. What was surprised me the most was that my son didn't seem to be bored. We spent more than two hours in there, going up and down stairs in the museum. We then ate lunch near the museum and came back home at almost two o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment