15 Aug 2014

I bought a comic series in ebook form several weeks ago, just after I heard that the title was accused of copyright infringement. I wanted to see what would happen if I posses the ebook version of the title when it's withdrawn from the market. Soon the publisher has actually withdrawn all the paper books from the stores all around the country. They also make the ebook re-seller stop distributing its data. Although I suspected that the data I purchased but hadn't downloaded would become unavailable, I can still get it from the re-seller's cloud server today. Feeling a little bit disappointed at the anticlimax result, I still think that the ordinal thing -- to be able to keep making use of my own purchased book -- is quite vulnerable for now. The future of the ebook market may depend on such an ordinary thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment