17 Jul 2014

I started reading "Speed of Dark" by Elizabeth Moon. It's a really fascinating narrative and I was literally forgetting the time while reading its first quarter. Funnily enough, the way the protagonist thinks when he speaks with others reminds me of my own mind-boggling feelings at speaking in English. Learning foreign languages might as well be a kind of challenge as hard as people with autism speaking in their native tongue. Indeed, I'm always frustrating not to be able to put my thought well in English. Lack of fluency makes me upset. Unlike autism, of course, my problem could be improved through sheer effort. That's a big difference. Nevertheless, for instance, when I read his baffling emotion against English idioms like "You can say that again", I cannot help but yelling "You can say that again!" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment